ATRIA GLEN COVE, NEW YORK
Located in the heart of Long Island’s North Shore that has been called the ‘Gold Coast’ is the city of Glen Cove, New York. This community is for independent senior living as well as supportive living and strikes the right balance between community and privacy and is an ideal place to call home. Numerous shops, restaurants, parks, beaches, libraries and art centers are just minutes away, and the excitement of Manhattan is within an hours drive from this community.
Atria Glen Cove residents enjoy a thoughtfully designed community, offering the perfect opportunity to socialize with friends and neighbors, with easy access to the many community festivals and events. Residents can also enjoy live jazz music on the lawn of the local Morgan Park or the Village Square summer concert series.
• 24-hour wellness staffing
• Choice of floor plans (Studio, One Bedroom and Two Bedroom / Two Baths
• Full-time events director
• All utilities provided, except phone and cable
• Emergency call system in every apartment
• Assistance with activities of daily living
• Chauffeured town car A chauffeured town car is available for scheduled trips to medical appointments, shopping, religious services and any other destination residents may need to visit.
• Delicious meals served restaurant-style daily
• Emergency call pendants/wristbands
• Housekeeping and linen services
• Individually controlled heating and air – Residents enjoy individual climate control in every apartment.
• Laundry services
• Medication assistance
• Multiple dining venues
• On-site physical therapy provider – In partnership with outside, licensed providers, Atria offers on-site physical therapy for residents and area seniors who need therapy to recover from a stroke, accident or other physical disability.
• Scheduled local transportation – Local scheduled transportation is available to residents for medical appointments, shopping, religious services and other desired local destinations.
• Trained staff available 24 hours a day
• Cafe with complimentary snacks and beverages
• Club and volunteer opportunities – Atria offer clubs and options for volunteer work from local schools to homeless shelters. The volunteer program affords their residents the opportunity to share their talents and knowledge with the local community. Feeling needed is an important part of staying active and independent, and the volunteer program shows all who participate how necessary they are to the community.
• Cocktail hour – Residents can socialize during cocktail hour while enjoying their favorite drinks.
• Computers – Our community provides computers with Internet access specifically for resident use. Staying in touch with family and friends and staying connected to the world is important to their residents, and they want to make it easy to search online, do research, and play games and more.
• Fireplace – Our community features at least one fireplace where residents can get cozy and socialize or relax. [Less]
• Fitness center – Atria understands that regular exercise is key to good health. That's why their community offers an in-house fitness center with exercise equipment designed with older people in mind.
• Library – The library features a wide variety of book selections and comfortable seating.
• Massage therapy – On-site massage therapy is offered to residents as a way to relax.
• Nintendo® Wii™ game system – A Nintendo Wii game system is available for resident use. Games such as Wii™ Bowling are very popular among the residents.
• On-site parking
• Pets welcome – They recognize pets are important members of the family. That's why this community allows them in residents' apartments.
• Salon and spa – They offer a day spa where residents can receive manicures, pedicures and hairstyling.
• Swim club privileges at off-site pool Swim privileges at a nearby facility are offered to Atria residents free of charge.
• Theater – Residents can watch movies or special presentations in the theater, which features a large screen and comfortable seating.
• Wi-Fi – Wi-Fi is available at our community for wireless Internet access.