It's not always easy to tell when a loved one needs more assistance. The following may be warning signs that may indicate its time to explore assisted living options for a senior citizen:
- The refrigerator is empty or filled with spoiled food or your loved one is losing weight. This may be a sign that food shopping and food preparation is more difficult.
- You notice frequent bruises. This may be a sign of falling or mobility and balance problems.
- Your parent wears the same clothing over and over again or neglects personal hygiene. This can be a sign that doing laundry and bathing is becoming more challenging.
- The house isn't as clean and tidy and is in disrepair. Maintaining a home or apartment alone may be to much of a burden.
- Your loved one forgets things, including doctor's appointments and when to take medication. This may be due to memory loss.
- Your loved one seems to be depressed. Depression is common in seniors who are isolated and home alone a lot.
For more information about assisted living communities in Westchester County and other areas, please call us today at (914) 437-8675.