The Bristal at White Plains - Assisted Living Westchester NY
The Bristal Assisted Living community is located in White Plains, Westchester County, New York nestled on beautiful landscaped grounds with breathtaking gardens and walkways for morning or afternoon walks. An outdoor heated pool, resident garden and putting green are available for outdoor lovers. The focus at the Bristal is on providing the best lifestyle as possible by allowing the resident to do what they want to remain as independent as possible. The Bristal understands the individual needs of residents and will workwith residents and families to examine their needs before making any type of recommendations. For information about this assisted living community, please call us today at 914-437-8675.
The Bristal Assisted Living has 148 apartments for 190 seniors. The Bristal has a broad array of spacious Studios, 1-Bedroom and 2-Bedrooms suites with kitchenettes and private baths. Each resident receives 3 meals per day. Housekeeping services are provided daily. Thirty-two of the apartments are in the secure memory care wing of the facility for the people who have advanced dementia, Alzheimer’s or who may be at risk of wandering. Also, there is a Bristal in Armonk, NY. For more information about that community, please vist the Bristal in Armonk.
Assisted Living Services:
The Bristal at White Plains (Assisted Living Westchester NY) offers a wide variety of personal assistance options. The following personal care assistance can be added to each resident's care program:
- Minimal Assistance: Individual requires no physical assistance but occasional verbal reminders with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, grooming and orientation.
- Moderate Assistance: Individual requires partial physical assistance with activities of daily living, including daily assistance with dressing/undressing, grooming and orientation, and limited physical assistance with showers twice a week.
- Complete Assistance: Individual requires full physical assistance or requires an above average amount of time with activities of daily living, including medication ordering and assistance, daily supervision and/or assistance with dressing/undressing, grooming and orientation, and physical assistance with showering 3x a week.
- Medication Management: Medication ordering/re-ordering, supervision and/or assistance with medication administration
- Transferring Assistance: May include standby assistance with moving from bed/chair to walker and/or escorting to/ from meals, activities, etc.
- Incontinience Assistance: May include physical assistance with transferring on and off the toilet; assistance with incontinence products, hygiene after toileting and infrequent accidents.
- Night Checks: May include two-, four-, or six-hour night checks for toileting, and/or incontinence care.
Every community of The Bristal houses a special wing called Reflections, a comprehensive memory enhancement program for seniors facing early to mid-stage Alzheimer's Disease and other memory-related cognitive disorders. Reflections is built on these six guiding principles of positive, dignified and validating care for residents with Dementia or Alzheimer's Disease: person-centered treatment, validation communication therapy, therapeutic activity, a dementia-capable staff, a dementia-friendly environment and partnering in care with families.
- Art Studio
- Putting green
- Exercise Room for personal training and physical and occupational therapy
- Swimming Pool
- Barber / Beauty Salon,
- In Room Cable/Satellite TV available and in room Internet
- Outdoor Gardens
- Arts & Crafts
- Cooking Classes
- Group Games
- Shopping Trips
- Social Outings
- Religious Activities
White Plains, New York has a wide range of social and cultural activities for the residents and their families, including the White Plains Performing Arts Center.
For information about rates, availability and promotions for this Assisted Living Westchester NY community, please call us today at 914-437-8675